Server Recovery DVD? RRS feed

• Question

• Unfortunately my Acer EasyStore H342 failed - looks like the system h/d failed. I found in the forums how to use the Server Recovery DVD, unfortunately I don't have it. Is that available on the internet to download somewhere? How do I get a copy?

thanks,

--b.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:34 PM

All replies

• I would suggest contacting Acer Customer Support

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:49 PM
  • What Phil said.

OEMs are required by Microsoft to provide a recovery mechanism for their servers. usually it's an optical disk that you boot on a client computer, along with a bootstrap in flash memory that's activated by some sequence you perform directly on the server. There are other options, however; I think Tranquil in the UK does something rather different. :) But the disk (or other recovery mechanism) will have been provided by Acer when you bought your server. If you bought it used, you may not have received all media from the previous owner; in that case you could contact whoever you bought the server from to see if they still have the recovery disk, or you could contact Acer to see if you can buy recovery media from them. It's even possible that Acer has a file available for download.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 2:04 PM