The web address isn't valid. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm trying to add my website to my account via webmaster tools. If I try to submit my url, I only get an error message saying that "The web address isn't valid." but naturally it is. This site is located outside US and I read an article from this forum that it might cause this problem. Any solutions yet?

Regards,

Thomas
    Thursday, December 20, 2007 10:13 AM

Answers

• We are still looking into this issue.  I will post something as soon as I have an answer.

Cheers

Jeremiah

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:05 AM
  • I'm trying to add www.thaitelephone.com to the Live Webmaster Tools, but I keep getting the message "The web address isn't valid.".  The site is live and has been for 5 - 6 years.  I've been able to add other sites (www.thaidial.net , www.thaitel.com).  I'm only having a problem with this one for some reason.

For ThaiTelephone.com, I use "301 redirect code" in http://www.thaitelephone.com/index.php for redirect to http://thaitelephone.com/TH/index.php. Is it the cause of the problem ? If you have any suggestion, Pls, advice me.

Thanks,
    Boyd
    Friday, May 16, 2008 3:31 AM

All replies

• We are still looking into this issue.  I will post something as soon as I have an answer.

Cheers

Jeremiah

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:05 AM
  • I'm having the same problem with some of my family's sites. The ones affected are: While all of them are legitimate domains, I keep getting the "address is not legitimate" error message. Some of them are under construction, but most have content that's already indexed.Thanks!
    Tuesday, January 1, 2008 7:32 AM
  • Hi,

I got my problem solved. My webserver needed to be configured so that it redirects incoming traffic from domain.com to www.domain.com. After this live search webmaster tools accept my site with address www.domain.com.

Regards,

Thomas
    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 11:49 PM
  • I had the same issue. My problem, which was also a problem for indexing the site, was that I added in this c# code:

culture = HttpContext.Current.Request.UserLanguages[0];

which breaks the page for spiders. As soon as I put this in a try/catch block the registration worked.

Cheers.
    Monday, January 7, 2008 10:42 AM
  • I'm afraid I don't really follow what alansp posted, but I'm sure that I don't have any c# code on my sites :-)

My server treats www.technomom.com the same as technomom.com, but I want the site indexed without the www. And that doesn't work for subdomains, like fireseeds.geekhero.net. Typing in www.fireseeds.geekhero.net would bring up an error.

Any progress in resolving the actual problem, Microsoft?

Thanks,
    Cyn
    Saturday, January 19, 2008 2:36 AM
  • Same problem for me, but I sent some messgae (I don't remember how) and they emailed me back saying they fixed it, and sure enough, it worked...
    Tuesday, January 22, 2008 5:01 PM
  • I, of course, have the same problem. If you could share that contact information that would be great.

Better for Microsoft to fix the problem. What a singularly unhelpful error.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:26 PM
  • I'm trying to add www.thaitelephone.com to the Live Webmaster Tools, but I keep getting the message "The web address isn't valid.".  The site is live and has been for 5 - 6 years.  I've been able to add other sites (www.thaidial.net , www.thaitel.com).  I'm only having a problem with this one for some reason.

For ThaiTelephone.com, I use "301 redirect code" in http://www.thaitelephone.com/index.php for redirect to http://thaitelephone.com/TH/index.php. Is it the cause of the problem ? If you have any suggestion, Pls, advice me.

Thanks,
    Boyd
    Friday, May 16, 2008 3:31 AM
  • Hi,

We are not handling 301s very well. You might try a 302 and see if that works for you.

Brett

Friday, May 30, 2008 5:56 PM