none
Could not retrieve schema information for table or view RRS feed

• Question

• Please For Emergence ..

I have Visual studio 2015 OR 2017 AND

MySQL ( mysql-for-visualstudio-1.2.7 OR mysql-for-visualstudio-2.0.5 , mysql-connector-net-6.10.6 OR  mysql-connector-net-8.0.10-rc).

then I want to generate New DataSet (data source)  From ( My Connection string OR server explorer ).

- create new connection from server explorer and successfully.

- create new Data set.

- when configure my data set and add ( any view or table from list show ) appear this error:

..... "" Could not retrieve schema information for table or view  "" .....

Please help me!!

Saturday, February 3, 2018 2:03 PM

All replies

• This message typically appears when an object in Server Explorer/Database Explorer is copied to the clipboard, deleted from the database, and then pasted onto the designer. Because the database object no longer exists, this message appears.

Official doc:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb629303.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Monday, February 5, 2018 9:34 AM
    Monday, February 5, 2018 9:34 AM
  • Microsoft has many paid and free kind of database versions. 

However, My SQL is a product of Oracle. Therefore try that website for information around this problem.

https://forums.mysql.com

Success Cor

Monday, February 5, 2018 9:43 AM
  • but .. please I do this step:

1- From Data Source Dialog

- Add New Data Source .. Database .. Dataset .. then choose My Database connection string

- save as " liveshopConnectionString "  then retrieve correct my database object

- I choose from this list for example: customer_phone.

- set my data source " liveshopDataSet ".

- when click " Finish " .. appear this error.

Please help me to solve this problem.

Remark: my database is used in my project without any problem ( insert, update, delete record ).
    • Edited by Techno-Live Monday, February 5, 2018 12:54 PM
    Monday, February 5, 2018 12:51 PM
  • Not sure if it's related to the MySQL installation issue, but similar issue also happened to even MS SQL server, and according to this case it's resolved by reinstalling the SQL Sever components in VS installer.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47589648/could-not-retrieve-schema-information-for-table-or-view-error-in-vs-2017-m-a

Also, as Cor suggestion, maybe MySQL official forum could be better support for this issue.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:14 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Fletch Zhou Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:31 AM
    Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:14 AM
  • I have the same issue and have struggled with it. When I create the data source I can even retrieve the data and see that there is a connection with the data. However when I attempt to create the dataset I receive the same error.

I am using MySQL - please let me know if you found out the answer.

thanks.

Sunday, May 13, 2018 9:53 AM