Initialization of the Data Source Failed RRS feed

• Question

• I working in Excel/Access 2013 and have a spreadsheet with links to Access tables and queries. I created the file in 2013 and then saved it to another computer with Excel/Access 2010. I had to adjust the connection to get to work but all was good. Then I decided to load Excel 2013 and subsequently opened the spreadsheet in 2013 but I'm not getting "Initialization of the Data Source Failed" message. When I go into the connection properties to re-map the connection, nothing happens. I go to Data > Connections > Select a Connection > Properties > Definition > Browse > Select the Database > Open > OK > then nothing happens. Usually at this point it prompts me to pick a table etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    • Moved by Damon Zheng Monday, May 20, 2013 12:06 PM non-dev
    Saturday, May 18, 2013 4:31 AM

All replies

• Hello Ryan62,

Thanks for your participation in this forum. Generally, Excel for Developers forum is for development issues about Excel. Sometimes community members are willing to answer non-developement question, but the more appropriate forum for usage question of Excel should be Microsoft Community:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office

Since we cannot move threads to that forum, please open a new one there. This thread will be moved to Off-topic. Your understanding will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Damon Zheng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 20, 2013 12:05 PM