After October Windows 7 & a Live One Care Subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I am planning to update all my PCs to Windows 7 in October.  I have a subscription to Live One Care until April.  Is Microsoft going to make Morro a subscription service like Live One Care? And if they do are they going to grandfather all of the Live One Care subscribers’ into the service.   If they don’t are they just going to keep our money?

Saturday, June 27, 2009 12:10 AM

Answers

• Morro, now in beta as Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) will be free when it is released and available to users of 32 bit XP, 32/64 bit Vista and 32/64 bit Windows 7 - as long as they pass Windows Genuine Advantage. Microsoft has stated that MSE will remain a free solution for its life, much like Windows Defender is today. MSE adds antivirus to the protection offered by Defender.

Your current OneCare subscription will be fully supported through the end of the subscription. If you choose to switch to Windows 7 and use Microsoft Security Essentials, your OneCare subscription is still valid for Vista and XP machines that you do not upgrade until the OneCare subscription expires.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 1:48 AM