none
App-V forums merged/moved and moderator rights haven't followed. RRS feed

• Question

• In a WTF moment this morning, I've found that threads from the App-V forums have been merged and moved into MDOP forums without prior notice.

I've been the only active moderator in the App-V forums for the past few years and moderator rights haven't been carried over to the new merged App-V forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/mdopappv/threads.

Additionally the old App-V forums haven't been closed - sure enough, people are still posting in those forums.

Can I please get moderator access to the new App-V forum, so that these can be cleaned up and managed?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:42 AM

Answers

• Those are just Anthony's posts in those forums, telling about the moves.

Yeah, prior notice would be good. =^)

Email me a list of the forums you were a mod in, want to be a mod in (with links), your profile link, and a list of business needs for the new forums. Such as answers need to be proposed, marked, merges, spam deleted, threads split, threads moved, etc.

It's edprice at Microsoft.

It's a bit of a pain, but I need to give a good justification when I send the owners the request.

Thanks! 

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:07 AM

All replies

• Those are just Anthony's posts in those forums, telling about the moves.

Yeah, prior notice would be good. =^)

Email me a list of the forums you were a mod in, want to be a mod in (with links), your profile link, and a list of business needs for the new forums. Such as answers need to be proposed, marked, merges, spam deleted, threads split, threads moved, etc.

It's edprice at Microsoft.

It's a bit of a pain, but I need to give a good justification when I send the owners the request.

Thanks! 

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:07 AM
  • Hi Ed, this has been taken care of. I've been provided the same moderator rights on the new App-V forums as the old App-V forums now.

Thanks.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Monday, February 18, 2013 2:25 AM