Not genuine RRS feed

• Question

• i have a Acer Aspire 5630 and it came with Windows Vista Home premium, and then about 3 weeks ago.. my computer crashed.. and i had to reinstall my Windows vista, and then now when i log in Everythings green and there is a window that lets me "use the automated phone system" wich doesn't work :/ (I live in Iceland) "Access your computer with Reduced functionality" wich works and then "Retype a Different Product key"... okay.. so the phone system does not work, i choose iceland as nearest location and the phone number does not work Tongue Tied.. then Retype a Different Product key.. doesnt work either each time i Instert a product key it says "Unable to connect to server".. and i cant access my Computer properties my Control panel is empty and i'm in pretty bad mood Tongue Tied
    sorry for bad english
    Tuesday, December 11, 2007 10:03 PM

Answers

• Hello gvendur,

To Activate your copy of Vista, you will need to use the Activate by Phone method. But if the phone number for the Iceland Activation call center isn't working, my suggestions would be to either

a) Use the phone number for the next nearest location.

or

b) Contact the Microsoft home office in Iceland (http://www.microsoft.com/iceland/) and get the updated number for the Activation call center.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 11:17 PM