Backup Data Within Program files RRS feed

• Question

•  

Version 1.6 regularly backed up data within the program files folder. I use a mailing program that is contained within the program files thatis critical to backup. None of the file extensions appear in the Onecare list of excluded extensions. How can I back these files up? The Onecare becomes useless if it won't back up data files within programs. Thanks.
    Friday, January 25, 2008 10:01 PM

Answers

• Sorry for the delayed reply, HowardM.

I received confirmation that the .mml file type will *not* be backed up if located in \Program Files, but will be backed up if located in any other folder on the drive and a file type of "other" is selected in the backup plan.

-steve

Thursday, February 7, 2008 6:15 PM

All replies

• What are the file extensions of the mailing program? If they are not on the excluded list, they should be backed up in the "other" category, though being located in \Program Files might be a problem. Can these files be located elsewhere?

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 2:10 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. The file extension is *.mml and it is not on the list of excluded files. I can't understand why they were backed-up perfectly during my free 90 day subscription and now that I've paid for a subscription it won't back them up. Makes no sense to me. Worked with ver. 1.6 and now won't work with Ver. 2.0

Monday, January 28, 2008 7:04 PM
  • Thanks for providing the extension. And they are located in \Program Files\{programname} by the program you use...

Did you confirm that you have selected the file type "other" in your backup plan and did you review the list of files to be backed up and confirm that they are not appearing?

I'll ask the Backup team to let me know if this file type should be seen by v2 backup when located in \Program Files and elsewhere.

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 7:49 PM
  • Yes all that is correct. Thanks.

Monday, January 28, 2008 9:34 PM
  • Thanks for confirming, HowardM. I have not heard from the backup team on this and several other issues, so my contact may be away, but I'll post back once I hear anything.

-steve

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 1:44 PM
  • Sorry for the delayed reply, HowardM.

I received confirmation that the .mml file type will *not* be backed up if located in \Program Files, but will be backed up if located in any other folder on the drive and a file type of "other" is selected in the backup plan.

-steve

Thursday, February 7, 2008 6:15 PM