Permanently setting a timescale to weeks in 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can you please tell me how to permanently set a timescale to weeks in 2007?

Thanks

Ellen

Friday, April 26, 2013 11:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have a problem undestanding the question here. Is the problem the word "permanantly" ofr is the problem "setting a timescale to weeks"?

Let's take them one by one.

When you are not connected to Project Server, and you change one of the timescales to weeks in a view, then you save the project, next time that view will come up with that scale in weeks. One could say that changing a scale to weeks is "permanent" until you modify it again.

That means, it is saved IN THE VIEW YOU SET IT IN. Ghange it in the Gantt Chart, and it will be saved with the Gantt Chart - but Task Usage or other views will not follow.

Still, if you are using Project Server, some views (including Gantt Chart, Enterprise Gantt...) will be considered "Enterprise views" and changes you make to the view will not be saved, and when you open the project again, your changes will be lost.

Finally, how to set it. Right-Click on the timescale, click Timescale: now you can set the scales as you like.

Greetings,

Friday, April 26, 2013 1:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Ellen,

you can't set the timescale to weeks permanently. This would mean that you would not be allowed to use zoom function.
    In 2007, you can reset to original timescale with a macro:

Sub ResetTimescale()
        ZoomTimescale Reset:=True
    End Sub

In 2010 and later, there is a button to reset zoom, but this will not help you.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Friday, April 26, 2013 1:00 PM
  • Hi,

I have a problem undestanding the question here. Is the problem the word "permanantly" ofr is the problem "setting a timescale to weeks"?

Let's take them one by one.

When you are not connected to Project Server, and you change one of the timescales to weeks in a view, then you save the project, next time that view will come up with that scale in weeks. One could say that changing a scale to weeks is "permanent" until you modify it again.

That means, it is saved IN THE VIEW YOU SET IT IN. Ghange it in the Gantt Chart, and it will be saved with the Gantt Chart - but Task Usage or other views will not follow.

Still, if you are using Project Server, some views (including Gantt Chart, Enterprise Gantt...) will be considered "Enterprise views" and changes you make to the view will not be saved, and when you open the project again, your changes will be lost.

Finally, how to set it. Right-Click on the timescale, click Timescale: now you can set the scales as you like.

Greetings,

Friday, April 26, 2013 1:01 PM
  • Thanks Barbara!! Very helpful!

Ellen Mc Loughlin

Friday, April 26, 2013 3:22 PM
  • Thanks Jan! I knew how to set the timescale but as you say it reverts back to the default of days as its an enterprise view.

Ellen Mc Loughlin

Friday, April 26, 2013 3:24 PM