none
"Need Help with Forums" page not showing symbols correctly RRS feed

• Question

• I was just browsing through this page and noticed that all "special symbols" show up as a box, rather than the symbol. For example:
        1024�768

(Which should read 1024x768.)

I'm using IE7 on Windows Vista, so I wouldn't expect such a problem?
    Cindy Meister, VSTO and Word MVP
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:27 PM

Answers

• Interesting, I hadn't noticed that. I'm guessing that these are copy/pasted characters from Word (such as SmartQuotes). I'll make sure a bug gets recorded for this.

Thanks for the kudos, Arnie! :)

Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:35 PM

All replies

• Also the following on the same page:

How do I get to a Forum�s Home page for a Locale?

Windows Vista� with Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox�

Note to Dev/Doc Team: In general, the Help/FAQ is well done. The illustrations will answer a lot of questions.

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:07 PM
  • Interesting, I hadn't noticed that. I'm guessing that these are copy/pasted characters from Word (such as SmartQuotes). I'll make sure a bug gets recorded for this.

Thanks for the kudos, Arnie! :)

Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:35 PM
  • Arnie Rowland said:

Also the following on the same page:

How do I get to a Forum�s Home page for a Locale?

Windows Vista� with Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox�

Note to Dev/Doc Team: In general, the Help/FAQ is well done. The illustrations will answer a lot of questions.

You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

Thanks Arnie for the feedback on Help/FAQ :)

I personally spent a great deal of time providing feedback to this help file based on support issues received since I have been working with Forums.  I am glad to see that you like it and feel it's well done :)

Alicia 
    Friday, May 16, 2008 8:53 AM