I am stumped at debugging "MSB4018 The "RazorTagHelper" task failed unexpectedly." RRS feed

• Question

• So far everything (the few articles that there are) indicate that the SDK is corrupted, so I uninstalled, and reinstalled, but to no effect. 

We are on the last builds before we move our project to .Net 5, but we have to get 2.2 out the door. So I cannot go changing versions and delay the project with months of regressions and break fixes, like every other update that we have gone through.

• How do I absolutely make sure that ALL SDK files a cleanly wiped from my box, so that I can do an absolute clean install, and get this running again.
    • Or in the .targets file, is there a change to the RazorTagHelper section to overcome this?

Hello

Thursday, October 22, 2020 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi BrianMinister1,

Thank you for posting here.

In order to get more professional help about 'RazorTagHelper', you can consider posting your question on the following forum.

ASP.NET Core

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 23, 2020 7:00 AM