Live One Care Not Starting RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting this message:  The Windows Live OneCare is not working or has been stopped.  To correct this problem, try restarting the computer.  If the problem persist contact support."  Customer support is not supportive at all and it does not want to respond to my problem when I enter the above information (it is too long is for it to answer).   It is irritating.

Saturday, January 19, 2008 11:04 PM

Answers

•  

This issue could be caused if one of the following services is disabled or not running. The workaround is to enable these services : 

1. Terminal services
    2. Network Location Awareness
    3. Network Store Interface Service
    4. Network List Services

Go to Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services

Look for the above services in the list and change them to Automatic from manual or disabled and then start them if they are not listed as "Started."

Sunday, January 20, 2008 2:11 AM

All replies

•  

This issue could be caused if one of the following services is disabled or not running. The workaround is to enable these services : 

1. Terminal services
    2. Network Location Awareness
    3. Network Store Interface Service
    4. Network List Services

Go to Start/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services

Look for the above services in the list and change them to Automatic from manual or disabled and then start them if they are not listed as "Started."

Sunday, January 20, 2008 2:11 AM
  • If Sebastion's information does not resolve it for you, support is the way to go - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Sunday, January 20, 2008 4:07 AM