Off Topic: Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

I have been unable to complete the run of Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor.  I do not remember the last time I ran it completely, but currently it runs forever without completing.   The is an application that starts called "queryappblock.exe" that you cannot terminate by any methods that I have tried.  Therefore, I have to shutdown my computer manually.  This may or not be related to my installation of Windows Live OneCare as I cannot remember whether I have run the upgrade advisor since installing OneCare.   I have tried the typical things like redownloading the app, and reinstalling, cleaning out my internet temp files, and history, doing a google search on the app.  I noticed one response in a Microsoft Technical forum saying Microsoft was having trouble with one of its servers, but it also says it is fixed.  I have XP professional with SP2 and all updates including IE7 and Media Player 11.  Anyone have any idea what's going on?
    Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:25 PM

All replies

• I am sure this has nothing to do with windows OneCare. When you reinstalled did you frist uninstall the app from the contral panel and then do a reinstall ?? The only other thing is to look for help from Microsoft support http://support.microsoft.com

chuck

Friday, August 3, 2007 11:17 PM