Dynamics CRM Outlook Client : Activities are being Autosave when created on Outlook. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

Hope you can help me.....

I have Dynamics CRM 2016 up and running in my environment and I have configured my users to use the outlook plugin.

Whenever a user is trying to create a crm appointment in outlook, the appointment is being saved automatically and the appointment reminder alert is being popup instantly which is causing confusion for the users.

I have already disable Autosave feature in my server setting.

Can anyone help me how to stop the autosave when any activties is being created on the outlook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Regards

Vinay

Friday, October 21, 2016 6:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I have been able to solve the issue.

I have selected the option to choose CRM Forms for "Appointment", "Task" and "Email" in set personal options in outlook.

This causes the CRM form to be invoked and as autosave is disabled in the organisation, thus the activities are not being saved automatically.

Hope this can help someone else.

Regards

Vinay

• Marked as answer by VinayJL Monday, October 24, 2016 7:14 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2016 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Vinay,

I have searched solutions for your query that How to Stop Automatic CRM to Outlook. Please look this article it might be helpful -http://www.powerobjects.com/2013/03/28/stop-automatic-crm-to-outlook-syncing-contacts/

Saturday, October 22, 2016 11:40 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply..

But its not that what i am trying to achieve.

I want to disable autosave whenever i am creating an activity in Outlook.

Many thanks

Monday, October 24, 2016 6:15 AM
  • Hi,

I have been able to solve the issue.

I have selected the option to choose CRM Forms for "Appointment", "Task" and "Email" in set personal options in outlook.

This causes the CRM form to be invoked and as autosave is disabled in the organisation, thus the activities are not being saved automatically.

Hope this can help someone else.

Regards

Vinay

• Marked as answer by VinayJL Monday, October 24, 2016 7:14 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2016 7:14 AM
  • Thanks for reply,

I am searching the solutions if I  got it so I will tell you. 

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 4:46 AM