Missing new item templates in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express RRS feed

• Question

• I have used a brand new laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate and used the Web Platform Installer 2 to install IIS 7.0, SQL Server Express and Visual Web Developer 2008 Express with the remote intention of learning a little.
    I have been working through the Help-Basic Walkthrough's quite happily until I tried the LINQ one.....
    I have realised I am missing many of the basic new item templates and don't know why! I have tried to search for solutions, leading me to test my .NET installation with a handy batch file from one of the teams blog's. It reports that .NET 2.0 SP1 and .NET 3.0 SP1 are not installed. How so? Brand new latest OS, all Updates and latest Web P.I. What, if, anything have I done wrong?
    Can anyone help before yet another promising web developer deserts to 'the dark side;.
    • Moved by YiChun Chen Monday, February 8, 2010 11:10 AM It's off-topic here. (From:Installing and Registering Visual Studio Express Editions)
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 12:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

I would suspect that the item templates are not well installed with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition.
    As far as I know, it is not related to Operation System. Thus, please try ASP.NET forums to get more useful help.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

This forum is for the support of Visual Studio Express Edition installation and Registration. Since your issue is related to ASP.NET IDE, you could post your thread on ASP.NET Forum. This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 11:10 AM
  • Yichun,
               Thanks for the reply. Am I correct in thinking that the missing new item templates is not the fault of the Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition installer? Does the installer examine the system and provide new item templates based on supported platforms? If this could be cleared up for me, I can direct my questions to the correct forum.

Thanks in advance.

Michael J. Hill
    Michael J. Hill
    Monday, February 8, 2010 7:41 PM
  • Hi Michael,

I would suspect that the item templates are not well installed with Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition.
    As far as I know, it is not related to Operation System. Thus, please try ASP.NET forums to get more useful help.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:38 AM