Microsoft Equipt RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i just purchased Equipt for my vista computers.My live one care expires tonight.Should i cancel subscription or wait until it expires?Also should i uninstall live onecare first? I purchased Equipt because it comes with office home student for my children in college.One more thing it does not come with outlook will i be able to keep my mail as it is.

Thanks Ex-pop

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:59 PM

Answers

• If you originally activated your OneCare subscription with a retail key, then there's no reason to cancel, since it will simply expire. If you have a credit card on file and it is being renewed automatically, you will want to cancel the OneCare subscription and obtain a refund if you were charged. You will need to contact support to do this.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

When you are ready to install Equipt, you will want to uninstall OneCare first so that the Equipt with OneCare subscription would take effect for the entire suite.

If you have a copy of Outlook already running, Equipt will not touch the Outlook license and it remains. If you have any of the other Office programs that come with Equipt, you probably want to uninstall them first.

-steve

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 12:22 PM