none
Forum is unusable on Firefox with forced HTTPS RRS feed

• Question

• I asked a question about MS Word a few days ago. I have had some helpful responses but I can't acknowledge them, because the site doesn't seem to be usable on Firefox with HTTPS (using HTTPS Everywhere add-on). I am getting error messages with no content, so I can't even figure out what the errors actually are. I cannot add to the post, edit the post, reply to anything, or mark anything as an answer. No user icons show up, either.

Incidentally everything worked just fine when creating the post, and it also works just fine if I use Safari, without HTTPS; with HTTPS, Safari also chokes. The entire point of allowing secure connections is to ensure that I can trust the site I am contacting. Having an HTTPS option that doesn't work is worse than not having one at all.

Tried to upload screenshots but apparently my account is not verified? I was sent one email verification link which I have clicked repeatedly, but I guess this is not enough.
    • Edited by dr.nixon Friday, May 17, 2013 2:52 PM removed screenshot mention
    • Moved by Mike Kinsman Friday, May 17, 2013 5:35 PM forums issue account verification
    Friday, May 17, 2013 2:41 PM

Answers

• For the account verification there is a thread on the top of this forum or just email to fissues at microsoft dot com and ask to get your account verified (you will need to supply your account name).

Are you able to access the forum from Google Chrome or IE?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, May 17, 2013 5:46 PM