none
Tensorflow not detected on Nvidia Digits RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am new to this and wanted to try out digits on NC6 ubuntu VM to see how fast it is than my PC. My problem is I can only find Caffe on digits. I can see that tensorflow version 1.6.0 is already installed on the terminal. How can I install tensorflow to digits? Shouldn't it be automatically detected by digits? Please keep in mind I am new to all of these so any instructions in detail is appreciated. 

Thanks!

Saturday, April 7, 2018 10:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. DIGITS requires Python 2, so we install it in the Anaconda root environment. Our other Python software is installed in the Python 3.5 environment called py35. To enable TensorFlow support for DIGITS, at a terminal:

source activate root

pip install tensorflow-gpu

We will include this in the Ubuntu image in the next refresh.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 10:37 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. DIGITS requires Python 2, so we install it in the Anaconda root environment. Our other Python software is installed in the Python 3.5 environment called py35. To enable TensorFlow support for DIGITS, at a terminal:

source activate root

pip install tensorflow-gpu

We will include this in the Ubuntu image in the next refresh.

Thursday, April 12, 2018 10:37 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks! It worked. Now I can see the Tensorflow section in digits. But there's a new problem.

When I try to visualize a network in Tensorflow, I get the following error - 

u'WARNING:tensorflow:From /anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tensorflow/contrib/learn/python/learn/datasets/base.py:198: retry (from tensorflow.contrib.learn.python.learn.datasets.base) is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.
    Instructions for updating:
    Use the retry module or similar alternatives.
    2018-04-13 07:22:53 [INFO] Train batch size is 16 and validation batch size is 16
    2018-04-13 07:22:53 [INFO] Training epochs to be completed for each validation : 1
    2018-04-13 07:22:53 [INFO] Training epochs to be completed before taking a snapshot : 1.0
    2018-04-13 07:22:53 [INFO] Model weights will be saved as tmpH3nmqk__Model.ckpt
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/dsvm/tools/DIGITS/digits/tools/tensorflow/main.py", line 743, in 
        tf.app.run()
      File "/anaconda/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tensorflow/python/platform/app.py", line 126, in run
        _sys.exit(main(argv))
      File "/dsvm/tools/DIGITS/digits/tools/tensorflow/main.py", line 432, in main
        os.makedirs(FLAGS.save)
      File "/anaconda/lib/python2.7/os.py", line 157, in makedirs
        mkdir(name, mode)
    OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: \'results\'
    '

Could you please help me solve this one too? 

Friday, April 13, 2018 7:26 AM
  • DIGITS is trying to create a directory, and it's failing because it doesn't have permission to do so. It's not quite clear where it's trying to create this directory, but I think it is under /dsvm/tools/DIGITS. So I would recommend changing the directory ownership to your username to see if that fixes it:

sudo chown -R your-username-here /dsvm/tools/DIGITS

Friday, April 13, 2018 5:46 PM
    Owner
  • actually it was under the root of the file system. Following command fixed the issue. 

sudo mkdir results (on the root) 

sudo chown -R your-username-here /results

Thursday, June 14, 2018 2:04 PM