windows xp professional. RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi folks. my problem is i bought my wife and i two computers at a paw shop for  $ 650.00 dollars. and we had them for about 8 months and now all the sudden they say there not genuine. microsoft says there VLK.S but when i tried 2 upgrade the key it says i'm using the key what the heck does that mean.! i got no disc's with the systems. what can we do we can't afford 150.00 each for upgrades.only thing i have is reciepts! please someone help me ,thank you
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:02 AM

Answers

• Dear !

recently I bought a computer and when I updated, fount that the windows not have product key how should I solve this problem.

best regards

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:51 PM
  • Contact the manufacturer of your computers and request a replacement of the original Windows operating system installation CDs.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:08 PM
  • Justgood,

The best solution is what Carey provided. Please contact the manufacturer of your systems and request recovery software media. The cost may be free if not minimal charge. Also you may submit a piracy report. Another recommendation would be visit the pawn shop and let them know the situation. Maybe they will work with you on this matter.

Thank you and take care.

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 7:59 PM

All replies

• Dear !

recently I bought a computer and when I updated, fount that the windows not have product key how should I solve this problem.

best regards

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:51 PM
  • Contact the manufacturer of your computers and request a replacement of the original Windows operating system installation CDs.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 5:08 PM
  • Justgood,

The best solution is what Carey provided. Please contact the manufacturer of your systems and request recovery software media. The cost may be free if not minimal charge. Also you may submit a piracy report. Another recommendation would be visit the pawn shop and let them know the situation. Maybe they will work with you on this matter.

Thank you and take care.

Stephen Holm, MS

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 7:59 PM