How to add an e-mail to multiple queues? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a requirement to migrate queue items from CRM 3.0 to 2011.

According to MSDN"records cannot be added to multiple queues, except for email records that have the status “Received.” However, a “Received” email record cannot be added multiple times to the same queue."

Attempting to create queue items related to an email record having "Received" status with the OrganizationService.Create method ended up with the following exception message "An active Queue Item already exists for the object with objectId = xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx and objectidtypecode = 4202"

When added the email record to several queues using AddToQueueRequest, only one queue item was generated and the [QueueItem].[QueueId] was updated at every attempt. As this approach is intended to move an entity record from one queue to another, the behavior was somehow expected.

The only way I got the queue items migrated is to deactivate all but one queue items related to the same record. Unfortunately, these queue items cannot be reactivated and I would need them active.

Any comments or suggestions are highly appreciated.

• Edited by Zsolt Hollo Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:55 AM
    Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:55 AM