Deception: downloading in IE Beta 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any known issues with Internet Explorer beta 8 and downloaded files simply go away as in (Poof!) not there. During download I get the standard choose download location, choose the location fine no problem. Then I get the standard progress bar, then at the end of the download I get another progress bar showing the actual copying of the file from the temp. location to the designated directory that I had chosen. I go there and no file, nothing. I've searched no luck, I've tried designating a file location on my C:\ drive same thing no luck. Tried the same files with Firefox no problems at all.
    Thursday, December 18, 2008 2:40 AM

Answers

•  

Hi dr_bluesmoke, have you installed Windows SteadyState on the computer? If so, please check the issue under administrator account and see if the issue still occurs. If not, this issue should not be caused by SteadyState and this inquiry would best be posted to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/beta/support/call-us.aspx

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Friday, December 19, 2008 2:56 AM