Odd Connector Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running 2 WHS sites (home and office), and have been since the earliest public beta.

I upgraded to the OEM over the weekend in both locations with clean installs (uninstalling the connector software on all clients), and I wanted to set up my primary laptop with the home server, not the office server as it had been in the Betas.  This laptop was the last to connect to the home server (after a desktop and laptop), and it failed despite every tweak from the troubleshooter.  I would enter the Server password (so I know the laptop and server are talking), and then would get an error message indicating that either the server was not powered on, firewall issues, or proxy issues.

I get into the office this morning and run the connector software to the office server with no problems.

Any thoughts?  I'd really like to set up this laptop with my home server, since that's where it lives during "backup time".  The only 3rd party software I'm running is Hamachi VPN, but it is installed everywhere (3 desktops, server and a laptop at the office, and a desktop, server and laptop at home), and I have had no problems with any of the other installs.

Thanks.

Monday, October 15, 2007 2:00 PM

All replies