Data Masking VbScript RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I want to design a data masking vb script. My requirement is below:
    I am having a text file with suppose 10 columns. Out of these 10 columns i want to mask 2 columns and generate the new text file. Here by masking i mean the original values in these 2 columns will change to some artificial values.

Can anyone help me with the logic/code. I am new to vbscript.

Thanks,
    Anchit
    Monday, March 28, 2011 5:08 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in one of the (Visual Basic Developer Center > Visual Basic Forums > Visual Basic Language) located here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vblanguage/threads

Hope that helps!

Have a great day!

Thanks & Regards,

PRADEEP THORAT Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, March 28, 2011 5:32 AM
  • what is your VBS container? IE does not give you access to local files.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest posting your question in one of the (Visual Basic Developer Center > Visual Basic Forums > Visual Basic Language) located here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vblanguage/threads

Hope that helps!

Have a great day!

Thanks & Regards,

PRADEEP THORAT Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, March 28, 2011 5:32 AM
  • what is your VBS container? IE does not give you access to local files.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 6:09 PM