none
Thread display messed up RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• I don't know how to fix these things. The last few replies in this thread are messed up.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ITCG/thread/0986acb9-de16-4b57-bad4-ea2fafe11855

Luckily it doesn't happen often, but when it does I can't read all the replies.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Hi Richard !

I have marked the post as abusive which needs to be fixed to avoid bad formatting. Please remove the abusive flag after fixing HTML of that particular post.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you. Hope I have answered you correctly.

Thanks,
    Hasham

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:44 AM
  • when it does I can't read all the replies.

In that case you can use the RSS feed button to see the last posts (without formatting but much faster rendering.)

---

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:13 PM
  • None of the moderators in the Scripting Guy's forum knows how to fix the thread. I'm the one with the most html experience, but I don't even know what to look for. Can someone explain what needs to be done? I've seen the same problem several times, but I don't know what the fix was. In the meantime, I cannot moderate the thread.

Friday, January 13, 2012 1:29 AM
  • Looks fixed now. The problem is usually ill placed <LI> tags.  Pretty simple to correct it, likes like someone fixed it already.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, January 13, 2012 1:48 AM
    Answerer
  • Ok, I think I fixed the thread. I edited the reply where things first appeared messed up, the one Hasham flagged as abusive. The editor seemed strange, with no cancel button, and everything was html. I noticed an <li> tag, followed by a paragraph of text, then later a closing </li> tag near the end. On a hunch I deleted both tags and replaced with a <p> and </p> pair where it made sense to me. I don't know if the reply nows looks as intended but it is readable, including the reply that follows. I consider the thread fixed and removed the abusive flag.

My conclusion is that the problem can be different with every thread where this happens. I recall in the past that people said they fixed threads by removing extraneous characters, but I saw none. In this case, I think the poster clicked the ordered list button (maybe even by accident), but never pressed enter after that. I wish now I had printed out the html before and after.

Friday, January 13, 2012 1:57 AM
  • Thanks Brent. Knowing that should it easy to fix in the future. I decided just removing the <li> tags wouldn't make sense since the text would not be in any tags, so i added the <p> tags.

Friday, January 13, 2012 2:00 AM