namespace name 'Synchronization' does not exist ? RRS feed

• Question

• OK, here is a weird one...

I created a CAB app that utilizes Sync Services 1.0 and web services based on the examples found here : Sync Guru.

It worked great.  After a month of developing other aspects of the app, I came back to do a full run through of the app and am now getting errors from the sync.  (unhandled exception returned from service).  So, I am trying to run the service on my development machine to debug (this is the same machine I developed the service on originally), but everytime I try to browse to service.asmx I get:

CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Synchronization' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I even tried copying the dll itself into the bin directory of the web service, but that generated an error saying that the dll was also defined in the Temp ASP.net directory.  At least I know the service is finding the dll!

I have deleted and recreated the references in the service project.  Intellisence works for the objects in this class, and the project builds just fine.  I am currently working in the SyncService project by itself, so this has nothing to do with the app.

I thought it might be a PublicKeyToken mismatch, but sn.exe sez that Microsofot.Synchronize.Data.dll has a null PublicKeyToken.  I also can't find anywhere in the config file where the assembly is being referenced explicitly.

I am new to dlls and windows apps, so I hope its just something easy that I overlooked. 

Anyone have an idea what to try next?

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 8:27 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, March 7, 2008 7:28 PM

Answers

• Well, a wierd problem has a wierd solution.  I created a new project and copied and pasted the code from the old project into it, and now its working.

Go figure.

Monday, March 10, 2008 7:41 PM

All replies

•  

are those any envrioment changes on your box? i.e. did you install something such the sync framework CTP2 ?

thanks

Yunwen

Sunday, March 9, 2008 2:09 AM
  • no environment changes between the last time the service worked and now.

Based on your comment I reinstalled/repaired both the sync framework and the ADO stuff, but the problem remains.

I also checked and the assemblys are in the GAC as well.  I just don't get why it can't be found.

Monday, March 10, 2008 5:32 PM
  • Well, a wierd problem has a wierd solution.  I created a new project and copied and pasted the code from the old project into it, and now its working.

Go figure.

Monday, March 10, 2008 7:41 PM