OC User can't see the LCS contact presence.... RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi Dear all:

I had one problem that about OC User can't see the LCS contact presence....

In my env. We used the LCS 2005 SP1 and the most people use oc 2005 login the LCS pool

We build the Expand OCS 2007 EE env. than set the LCS FE  rootCA in OCS FE  Server and set the OCS FE  rootCA in LCS FE  Server

We Migrate some pilot users (User A,User B,User C )to the OCS pool

We find the result

If all pilot users in Intranet , they login and logout the ocs is very fast and they can see the LCS contacts presence ....

If the pilot users in internet that via Access Edge login OCS pool . The users login and logout ocs will cost more time,

and they can't see the LCS contacts presence ....

We enable the Communicator log to see the Communicator-uccp-1.uccplog, We find the sip subscribe the contact presence info is no ack......

So,does anyone know how to slove the problem??? or how the explain the event??

PS: we don't update the 911996 Hotfix ,is that the key point??  

Best regards
    Friday, November 7, 2008 7:37 AM

All replies

• How do you have your Edge roles configured for the mixed LCS and OCS environments?  Have you replaced your LCS Access Proxy with the OCS Access Edge server?  You can't have both Edge devices in a mixed environment.
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 4:16 PM
  • Thanks Jeff,

We replaced our LCS Access Proxy with the OCS Access Edge server, and it worked well.....

In my env , we build two access edge servers.  

One edge connect lcs pool(edge config lcs pool name), that call "lcs edge" and another edge connect ocs pool(edge config ocs pool name), that call "ocs edge".

Then, we can use the lcs mmc console and ocs mmc console to see edge properity that include two  access edge servers

Now, the lcs user can connect lcs edge to use lcs service and the ocs user  also connect ocs edge to connect ocs edge to use ocs service ....

why can't  we have both Edge devices in a mixed environment ???

I just think if ocs user connect ocs access edge then the sip subscribe message will send to ocs FE and ocs send it to lcs FE

(Internet OC User --> OC Access Edge --> OCS FE--> LCS FE)

then LCS FE will response the sip message

(LCS FE--> OCS FE--> OC Access Edge --> Internent OC User)

But Internet OC User can't receive the response

so we think that has three possible ...

1. LCS FE reject OC Access Ege --> OCS FE message, (But Internet LCS user can use MOC 2005 to connect Access Edge to connect LCS pool...... ) so Internet OC User can't get the LCS contact presence
    2. LCS FE responses message to ocs edge fail , bec our firewall policy doesn't allow the LCS FE ip to connect ocs egde...so Internet OC User can't get the LCS contact presence
    3. LCS FE responses message to lcs edge...., but Internet OC user doesn't connect lcs edge.....so Internet OC User can't get the LCS contact presence

Sunday, November 9, 2008 4:13 AM
  •  

I am having the same problem and do have both LCS 2005 and OCS 2007 edge/access servers running. How can i replace the LCS access proxy with the OCS 2007 edge server?
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:58 PM
  • Take a look at the OCS Migration Guide:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=20F67AFC-6AF5-4A03-99BF-4150DEF36457&displaylang=en

Phase 1 covers the steps to replace the LCS Access Proxy with an OCS Access Edge server and then reconfigure the LCS Front-End server(s) to use the OCS Edge server.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:53 PM