none
Can't access the forum from phone

Question

• Hi,

If I try to access the forum via telephone (I have a Samsung Galaxy S4) the "body" part of the reply menu remains in loading forever. I need to select the option to view the website as if from desktop, then it works (that's how I'm posting now).

I've found an old topic from 2012 that says it's normal because telephones were not supported. Is it still like this or it's my problem?

Thank you in advance :)

Thursday, December 8, 2016 2:27 PM

Answers

• No, for me even browsing is a pain, the website is clearly not made nor optimised for telephones :/ I see there have been many requests from users about this in the last years, but if in 2017 still nothing changed, I doubt it's on the todo list..

That's correct, there is no official support for phone browsers. I too would not want to do a lot of browsing / posting from phone but it is possible. I'd suggest you can vote up the existing threads you found or create a new one over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=suggest

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, December 9, 2016 2:57 PM

All replies

• Phone browsers are not officially supported in forums for replying but it may work if you use the browser's 'request desktop site' option. It works for me on android / chrome.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 2:35 PM
  • Phone browsers are not officially supported in forums for replying but it may work if you use the browser's 'request desktop site' option. It works for me on android / chrome.

Thank you, but how's possible that the official Tech forum of Microsoft (so, not exactly the last computer company in the world :D ) still not support browsing from telephones in 2016? Is there any particular reason?
    Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:03 PM
  • Browsing forums should work fine, at least is does for me on android. It is just replying that needs scripting in order to work. Replying should work if you use the browser's 'request desktop site' option. Otherwise you can also vote up one of the suggestions for this here or create your own.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:11 PM
  •  but how's possible that the official Tech forum of Microsoft (so, not exactly the last computer company in the world :D ) still not support browsing from telephones in 2016? Is there any particular reason?

If this may give any comfort to you -  posting to Apple forums from iPad and Safari is pain. Here MS gained parity with Apple.

Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:41 PM
  • Browsing forums should work fine, at least is does for me on android. It is just replying that needs scripting in order to work. Replying should work if you use the browser's 'request desktop site' option. Otherwise you can also vote up one of the suggestions for this here or create your own.

No, for me even browsing is a pain, the website is clearly not made nor optimised for telephones :/ I see there have been many requests from users about this in the last years, but if in 2017 still nothing changed, I doubt it's on the todo list..
    Friday, December 9, 2016 9:50 AM
  •  but how's possible that the official Tech forum of Microsoft (so, not exactly the last computer company in the world :D ) still not support browsing from telephones in 2016? Is there any particular reason?

If this may give any comfort to you -  posting to Apple forums from iPad and Safari is pain. Here MS gained parity with Apple.

I really don't see why they do this, it doesn't make sense to me.
    Friday, December 9, 2016 9:51 AM
  • No, for me even browsing is a pain, the website is clearly not made nor optimised for telephones :/ I see there have been many requests from users about this in the last years, but if in 2017 still nothing changed, I doubt it's on the todo list..

That's correct, there is no official support for phone browsers. I too would not want to do a lot of browsing / posting from phone but it is possible. I'd suggest you can vote up the existing threads you found or create a new one over here.

Friday, December 9, 2016 2:57 PM