Off Topic:How to change e-mail default in Basic Home Premium in Vista RRS feed

• General discussion

• In XP and Millenium you could change you e-mail default by clicking Tool, Internet Options, and Connection (as I recall).  Then you could type in whichever e-mail provider you wanted such as Yahoo.  Now with Basic that's not possible and nobody seems to have the correct way of doing it.  Here's what I'm told:  Start, default programs, set default programs.  This brings up a new window, Set Program Access and Computer Defaults. There are three (3) choices:  Microsoft, Non-Microsoft and Custom.  Here's the rub:  I've been told to click Custom and there I'll find several e-mail choices...there are not e-mail choices!   Two things come up:  #1 Use my current e-mail OR #2 Windows Mail.  OK, so I want to change my e-mail default, that's the whole idea here.  Does anyone know how this can be accomplished.  I called HP and he made my isp my mail provider, that's not what I want either but he was adament that this was the only way to do it. DUH!!  These people who are paid to know don't!!  So far I've been on two different tech supports for a total of 4 hours, I'm exhaused.  At least one of them was in Missouri, thank you Jesus for that!

Monday, August 4, 2008 7:54 PM

All replies

• The reason you cannot set Yahoo Mail as the default e-mail program is Yahoo Mail is not a program on your computer but it is a web based service.

Monday, August 4, 2008 8:12 PM