Problem with authentication between servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have the following problem with my CRM 4 deployment.

I have two servers (CRM1, CRM2) i NLB. Both of them are hosting CRM and custom pages. Those pages are connecting to CRM web service using load-balanced URL. It is working fine.

Now I have 3 new servers (NewCRM1, NewCRM2, NewCRM3) that will replace the old ones. New servers are already connected to the same CRM deployment but they are not part of NLB and they cannot be added. SErvers are also hosting the same custom pages and then are connecting to CRM over load-balanced URL so connecting to CRM1 or CRM2

Web sites hosted on new servers are giving '401 Unauthorized' error when they are opened from another client.

They are working fine on the servers. I am getting the same error when using hostname and IP.

I thought that it is a problem with SPN and 'trust for delegation' but SPNs are configured (HTTP/new servers) and also trust for delegation for service account used to run AppPools and all (old and new ones) servers is configured.

When I reconfigure custom page to connect to web service hosted on the same server, it is working fine. When it is configured to use web service on any other server, it throws the same error. 

Do you have any idea what can be wrong/missing?

Dawid Kolodziejczyk

Saturday, January 5, 2013 8:05 PM

All replies