You can only view Activity Feeds in Internet Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have rollup 12 for MS CRM and everything works fine, but in browsers other than Internet Explorer, for Activity feeds I get the following message:

While your organization is being updated, you can only view Activity Feeds in Internet Explorer. After the latest Activity Feeds solution is installed, it will work in all supported browsers.

Why is this? Is there a solution to this?

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:28 AM

Answers

• I have similar problem, apparently the UR  does not install the updated solution if one or more orgs does not have Activity Feeds installed.

Jukka Niiranen pointed me (in another thread) to the following discussion where you can find instructions on how to manually apply it.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/a910675e-63bd-4d31-bf15-c20a7824ca35

Edit: As written in the thread, this solved my problems including cross-browser support!

- Please vote as helpful / mark as answer where appropriate ;)

• Edited by Nicolai W Hjorth Wednesday, May 1, 2013 12:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by mimamar Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:42 AM
    Wednesday, May 1, 2013 10:24 AM

All replies

• I have similar problem, apparently the UR  does not install the updated solution if one or more orgs does not have Activity Feeds installed.

Jukka Niiranen pointed me (in another thread) to the following discussion where you can find instructions on how to manually apply it.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/a910675e-63bd-4d31-bf15-c20a7824ca35

Edit: As written in the thread, this solved my problems including cross-browser support!

- Please vote as helpful / mark as answer where appropriate ;)

• Edited by Nicolai W Hjorth Wednesday, May 1, 2013 12:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by mimamar Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:42 AM
    Wednesday, May 1, 2013 10:24 AM
  • Thank you! That solved my problem.

The only problem I have now is when I try to access my CRM using an ip address the activity feed is stuck on loading.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:42 AM
  • The only problem I have now is when I try to access my CRM using an ip address the activity feed is stuck on loading.

My guess is that the activity feed will always access the server using the host/domain name, so you should really get that issue fixed. If you are using IFD then you need several extra host names in the DNS for the functionality to work.

If you are unable to get entries in the DNS, then you could try using the local hosts file.

-- Nicolai W Hjorth Please vote as helpful / mark as answer where appropriate ;)

Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:53 AM