Location of Excange Server and CRM Server RRS feed

• Question

• We have a CRM 4.0 installation with both inside users and outside users.  Currently both Exchange Server and CRM Server are in the same building.  Due to the move the CRM server will be moved to a different building and Exchange Server and CRM Server is connected by a 1 GB line.  Our users use CRM for Outlook and synchronize the emails, tasks and appointments with Outlook. Is there any way to simulate the situation whether there will be a bottleneck?
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 1:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you use the CRM Email Router? Especially for incomming emails?

If you only use outgoing / incomming Emails via Outlook there is no direct data traffic between the crm server and exchange.

In this case all emails, appointments,... are synchronized between crm server -> outlook client -> exchange server

If you use the CRM Email Router, you have data traffic. In this case you could simulate this by configure a test-crm system with all user and configure a second  sink mailbox which will be polled by your test-emailrouter.

Regards

Matthias

• Marked as answer by SN_NJ Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:11 PM
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you use the CRM Email Router? Especially for incomming emails?

If you only use outgoing / incomming Emails via Outlook there is no direct data traffic between the crm server and exchange.

In this case all emails, appointments,... are synchronized between crm server -> outlook client -> exchange server

If you use the CRM Email Router, you have data traffic. In this case you could simulate this by configure a test-crm system with all user and configure a second  sink mailbox which will be polled by your test-emailrouter.

Regards

Matthias

• Marked as answer by SN_NJ Wednesday, June 15, 2011 6:11 PM
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:17 PM
  • Thanks.  Our incoming mail is set to Forward Mailbox.  Outgoing is set to Email Router.  Where will the settings be made for CRM Email router?  Is it in Application Server? I am new to CRM and the installation was performed by a consultant. Is there a document I can refer to?
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 2:30 PM
  • I checked the Implementation guide.  If the incoming message is set to Forward mailbox, it looks like CRM router service will have to be installed and configured. I checked in the services of the Application server but could not see it.  Do I have to check the exchange server?
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:44 PM
  •  

The crm email router is a separate software installation.

It could be installed on the crm application server or on any other server. But I guess that it is installed on the crm server. You will find it under programms -> MS Dynamics CRM Email Router

regards

Matthias

Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:45 PM