New Case to Support Queue using Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our company supplies server and Network solution to small to medium business, we deals with support related calls on a daily basis. We are growing and need a better way to manage service calls. I have been looking at CRM for a month or so now and am looking to use it to help us manage our customers.

• Problem: I’m having trouble assigning a new case to a queue via the workflow interface.
    • What I’m wanting is to create a workflow for when a new case is created is gets added to the “Support” queue automatically.
    • Actual Result: Creating a workflow, using the Add  Step Create Case -> Queue Item -> Queue, I can select the Support queue, but I am also require to select a Queue Item,  which I don’t want.  I need to be able to select the queue the case goes to only.
    • Environment: We are using Win Server 2008, we are running CRM 2011 with SQL, we have the email router installed.

thanks,

Fulton.

Friday, June 1, 2012 12:56 AM

Answers

• The Queue Item is the newly created case. You populate it by clicking in the Queue Item field, then selecting "Case" from the Look For drop down,  "Case" again in the next drop down, Add, and finally OK.

If you are running your workflow when the Case is created it should end up in the Queue you specified.

Jason Lattimer

Friday, June 1, 2012 3:25 AM

All replies

• The Queue Item is the newly created case. You populate it by clicking in the Queue Item field, then selecting "Case" from the Look For drop down,  "Case" again in the next drop down, Add, and finally OK.

If you are running your workflow when the Case is created it should end up in the Queue you specified.

Jason Lattimer

Friday, June 1, 2012 3:25 AM
  • Thanks very much, this was exactly the answer i was looking for.

cheers mate.

Friday, June 1, 2012 6:30 AM