File Sync On Windows CE 5.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have developed a windows Forms Application in Visual Studio 2008 Sp1. I am able to synchronize files over network share also. But now I want to port the code to Windows Ce 5.0 So that I will be able to synchronize files between the Windows Ce and the computer running Xp. Is microsoft.synchronization.files.dll supported for Windows CE.Because I am not able to see the files in the add reference dialog box. But the same dlls are available when I select Desktop application.
    Or active sync the only way to synchronize files between computer and the handheld device?
    Monday, February 8, 2010 5:28 AM

Answers

• Joe, is your project something that is going to be production based or more for your own purpose?
    We dont have RTM bits for Sync framework v1.0 or v2.0 for devices.
    We did release a CTP for devices: Microsoft Sync Framework v1.0 CTP1 - Devices see if that helps you to prototyping.
    And this CTP did not include the out of box file sync provider.
    Also what scenarios are you trying to enable though?

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 7:08 AM

All replies

• Joe, is your project something that is going to be production based or more for your own purpose?
    We dont have RTM bits for Sync framework v1.0 or v2.0 for devices.
    We did release a CTP for devices: Microsoft Sync Framework v1.0 CTP1 - Devices see if that helps you to prototyping.
    And this CTP did not include the out of box file sync provider.
    Also what scenarios are you trying to enable though?

Tuesday, February 9, 2010 7:08 AM
  • hi Mahesh,

The project is going to be for production purpose. And the scenario is like Some files  Configuration files will be available on the Server and Same files will be available on the device. When the file gets updated on the server the same files have to be updated on the handheld device ie Windows CE 5.0.
    Friday, February 12, 2010 5:18 AM
  • Unfortunately the CTP bits we have are not RTM bits and there is no File sync provider even in that CTP.
    So right now, it would be hard to get your solution implemented using SyncFx for devices.
    We do have Sync Services for ADO.NET available for devices, but that is specifically for synchronizing a SQL Server to a SQL Compact client database.
    If you can trnsform the data into a database then we have the bits available for production. But to implement your scenario, it may really be a round about way of doing it.
    Friday, February 12, 2010 5:34 AM