none
Request succeced certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,
    i succeced lately on MCSE 410 first exam,

is it possible to order this exam certificate or i have to wait untill i finish the modules?

410-411-412= MCSA   after i past those 3 exams i can order the Certificate?

410-411-412-413-414= MCSE after i past those 5 exams i can order the certificate?

thank you

Saturday, March 9, 2013 6:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Julien-

You can order the exam certificate now.  Each time you pass an exam, you can order a certificate.  The exam must appear on your Microsoft transcript before you can order though.  Log on to http://mcp.microsoft.com and look for the link that says "Download or purchase a certificate".  That link will go to a site where you can order a certificate.  Screen shot below.

Screen capture of MCP site showing the link to order a certificate

Brian

Sunday, March 10, 2013 4:37 AM
  • Hi Julie-

Let me expand on my earlier answer.

• Some certifications earn you a certification (such as MCTS).  In those cases, you can download that certificate after it appears on your transcript.  For example, any exam that counts toward MCSA on 2008 gets you the MCTS.  I should've included this in my earlier response... with the restructuring of the certification strategy, the 70-410 does not earn the MCTS designation.  Thus, it won't be available for ordering a certificate by itself.
    • Some certifications (such as the 70-410) earn you credit toward a larger certification (such as the MCSA or MCSE).  In such a case, if you pass 1 out of the 3 required exams for the certification, you CANNOT download the MCSA/MCSE certificate until you've passed all of the required exams (and they appear on your transcript).

Brian

Sunday, March 10, 2013 3:50 PM
  • Hi Julie-

It can take up to two weeks after passing the final exam for the certification.  If it doesn't appear within two weeks, you can contact the nearest Microsoft Regional Service Center.  If you are in the Americas, you can get more info about contacting them by viewing the http://www.microsoft.com/es-es/learning/help/service-americas.aspx site.

Brian

Monday, March 11, 2013 2:59 AM
  • Technically, they can alter your name and alter your contact details, password, etc. - all tied to your Microsoft account which is used to gain access to the MCP site and other Microsoft resources.  However, in such situations, you can work with Microsoft to regain access to your account.  In the end, you don't lose your certification or the ability to prove that you are certified.  It would mostly be an annoyance. 

Brian

• Marked as answer by Julien.J Friday, April 5, 2013 7:27 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Julien-

You can order the exam certificate now.  Each time you pass an exam, you can order a certificate.  The exam must appear on your Microsoft transcript before you can order though.  Log on to http://mcp.microsoft.com and look for the link that says "Download or purchase a certificate".  That link will go to a site where you can order a certificate.  Screen shot below.

Screen capture of MCP site showing the link to order a certificate

Brian

Sunday, March 10, 2013 4:37 AM
  • i understand Brian,

my questions was, before do i need to pas the first 3 exams to order the certificate?

i past just the first one of server 2012!

it says :

MCP Certificate Manager
    It appears you have not yet earned a technical certification from Microsoft. Please explore the Certification Planner to view your in-progress certifications.

Sunday, March 10, 2013 12:35 PM
  • Hi Julie-

Let me expand on my earlier answer.

• Some certifications earn you a certification (such as MCTS).  In those cases, you can download that certificate after it appears on your transcript.  For example, any exam that counts toward MCSA on 2008 gets you the MCTS.  I should've included this in my earlier response... with the restructuring of the certification strategy, the 70-410 does not earn the MCTS designation.  Thus, it won't be available for ordering a certificate by itself.
    • Some certifications (such as the 70-410) earn you credit toward a larger certification (such as the MCSA or MCSE).  In such a case, if you pass 1 out of the 3 required exams for the certification, you CANNOT download the MCSA/MCSE certificate until you've passed all of the required exams (and they appear on your transcript).

Brian

Sunday, March 10, 2013 3:50 PM
  • Thank you so much Brian,

i got it now, after i finished the MCSA, how long does it takes untill the certificate is availble to download ?

• Edited by Julien.J Sunday, March 10, 2013 6:03 PM
    Sunday, March 10, 2013 5:51 PM
  • Hi Julie-

It can take up to two weeks after passing the final exam for the certification.  If it doesn't appear within two weeks, you can contact the nearest Microsoft Regional Service Center.  If you are in the Americas, you can get more info about contacting them by viewing the http://www.microsoft.com/es-es/learning/help/service-americas.aspx site.

Brian

Monday, March 11, 2013 2:59 AM
  • Hi Julie-

Brian

Thank you Brian,

one last questions, if someone let says stole my MCP account, can they stel my certificates are wel?

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 5:13 PM
  • Hi Julien-

One thing to know is that your earned certification is yours and it cannot be taken away by a thief.  While somebody who had access to your Microsoft account (for logging into the MCP site) could order a printed certificate or download logos... they wouldn't be able to remove the certification or do anything like that.  They would be able to pose as somebody who is certified (in this case, you).

Brian

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 5:27 PM
  • Hi Julien-

One thing to know is that your earned certification is yours and it cannot be taken away by a thief.  While somebody who had access to your Microsoft account (for logging into the MCP site) could order a printed certificate or download logos... they wouldn't be able to remove the certification or do anything like that.  They would be able to pose as somebody who is certified (in this case, you).

Brian

Thank you Brian,

i am new to this and want to be sure my MS account isn't gona scamed or something,

so they can't change the account name, to be showed in the certificate or whatever?

much appreciate it !

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:37 PM
  • Technically, they can alter your name and alter your contact details, password, etc. - all tied to your Microsoft account which is used to gain access to the MCP site and other Microsoft resources.  However, in such situations, you can work with Microsoft to regain access to your account.  In the end, you don't lose your certification or the ability to prove that you are certified.  It would mostly be an annoyance. 

Brian

• Marked as answer by Julien.J Friday, April 5, 2013 7:27 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:00 PM

Brian

Thank you so much brian,

Friday, April 5, 2013 7:27 AM