ReInstalled and now I get Subscription lapse but I have until 6/23/08 RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

This has been nothing but a consistent nightmare of uninstall and reinstall over and over again with no resolve whatsoever with the performance and constent firewall issues and a bag full of other issues.  Now my subscription is needing to be renewed according to the Windows Live One Care when I have a stamp date on the other 2 computers of 6/23/2008.  Why is this.  I would prefer to have the money I paid prorated back to me for the remaining months and take it to Panda or Trend Micro, but that does not seem to be an option since you can not get any real customer service with Microsoft.  Very dissapointing!! Can anyone help?

Well, what do you know!  I decided to see where the RENEW button would take me and GUESS WHAT?  After putting in my WINDOWS ID it searched for a few minutes and then a response was delivered that read something to the effect that "this computer will be added to your subscription" and TA DA I was back online with a little "Green 'I' icon"  SO!  To anyone else that has a similar problem I hope this helps.

I still am very reluctant to renew officially after the subsription ends due to so many issues and errors using this product.  I am still very disappointed with Microsoft's answer to Virus/Spyware protection. 

Sunday, February 10, 2008 10:30 PM

All replies

• Thanks for posting your experience. And I hope that your ongoing experience with OneCare will improve before you make the decision to not renew.

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 1:32 AM