Shutdown RRS feed

• Question

• For some reason my server just stopped shutting down properly. It does the shutdown
    all the way to where the shutting down screen dissapears then it just freezes. I have to restart it then. Any ideas as it was shutting down perfectly

Saturday, March 17, 2007 11:01 PM

All replies

• Is there a USB device plugged into your WHS machine?

I frequently have to unplug all the USB devices on another windows server (not WHS) to get a shutdown.

Have you checked the event viewer on the server for errors?

Check in there to see if anything is listed that may help ID the problem.

Saturday, March 17, 2007 11:10 PM
  • I am currently in the middle of an backup so i will reboot in a few mins without any usb devices. I hope this is not the case as i want to have my printer connected to the server at all times. There are no errors in the logs so i cleared them and i will reboot and see. my harddrives show up as removable disks so i hope that will not be the cause of the problem.
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 12:24 AM
  • I have removed all usb devices and other things that may be causing trouble but it still will not shut down properly.There are no errors in the error logs ether.
    Sunday, March 18, 2007 8:05 PM
  • You may need to try standard msconfig troubleshooting. Also, try disabling unneeded services if present. You'll need admin privileges to do both.
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 6:45 AM