none
Need some help developing an application RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing an windows service/application that would log use application usage in details and maintain log in a file. for example, If I run excel and load abc.xlsx for 5 mins it logs my opening n closing time and duration. Then if i run excel n load xyz.xlxs for 2 mins it logs it too

similarly with MS Word etc. Most importantly, internet link(s) using EDGE that i log the url and their duration

Please suggest be how should I implement this, Previously I use to have the functionality in windows service but window 7+office2010 onwards and now on windows 10+office 2016+ Edge the UAC and use profile restriction make me think if I need to change my directions

I need you guys suggestions that what sort of win app temple u suggest me. For services under user I need user name and password which is not feasible implementation for me.

Your suggestions and feedback are more than welcome.

Thanks & Regards,

Haroon.

• Moved by Stanly Fan Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:50 AM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 8:44 PM

All replies

• I worked on an app which does all that stuff.

The windows version of this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apadmi.analyzeme.android&hl=en_GB

It uses fiddler as an intermediate for all web browsing to work out what you're doing.

When you install it, all your internet traffic is directed through fiddler.

It also detects programs starting and closing.

The app comes in several pieces but the UI is wpf using a bit of an odd start up technique so you just see  a tray icon until you click on it.

Realitymine supply that software to marketing companies so you could maybe just buy it off the shelf.

Hope that helps.

Technet articles: WPF: Layout Lab; All my Technet Articles

Saturday, September 9, 2017 11:21 AM