Tracking of emails between Contacts And Leads RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We have changed the use of Leads by using them as a form of "prospect" account, as opposed to an individual person. I then created a 1:N relationship between leads and contacts, so that a lead can be associated to multiple contacts. However, since I was unable to use the same system attribute the existing relationships accounts and contacts use (I want Leads to appear as an option on the dropdown for the company field). This seems to then cause emails sent to contacts not then appearing against the history of the lead, as it does when a contact is linked to an account.

Sorry if i haven't explained this well, hopefully someone will be able to help!

regards,

Jack

Friday, February 4, 2011 12:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Jack, there is no way to get a contact's activity history to appear under the history for a lead (unless you're willig to invest in a signicant piece of custom development).

Instead of using leads as prospects, it would have been better to use accounts as customers and prospective and just have some kind of 'type' field to indicate the account type. This is standard CRM design.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

• Marked as answer by Jack Yaz Thursday, February 10, 2011 2:41 PM
    Friday, February 4, 2011 1:13 PM