Printers missing within Active Directory RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,
    We have 3 offices in different locations, each has its own print server. For the past number of weeks printers that have been "Shared" and set to "List in the Directory" on the print servers have been appearing and disappearing at random times. When trying to "add a printer", click next for the wizard to begin, then next for the option "a network printer, or a printer attached to another printer", next again for the option "Find a printer in the directory" and then click "Find now" in the Entire Directory, it is at this stage I get a random number of printers returned. Instead of the 60 or so I'd expect listing all the print servers and printers connected to individual PC's I currently have 8, 3 this morning, 12 two days ago, 15 the day before that etc. There is no clustering setup on any of these printers. All of our servers run on Windows 2003 and act as a Domain Controller for their site.
    Any help or guidance on this problem would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Garry
    Friday, November 2, 2007 4:57 PM

All replies

• Hi again,

Finally found a solution to this problem - http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windows-nt-2000-2003-server/161202-solved-network-printers-disappearing-directory.html

Hope it helps.
    Friday, February 22, 2008 5:34 PM