off topic - Pls Help RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear all,

I'm facing a problem with my pc, the main problem caused by msi.dll & msiexec.exe (maybe more file) is missing from my pc. I've try to download and install the Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 v2 but it doesn't help. It makes me failed to launch many application from my pc. So my pc is "half dead" now. Chould you guys pls help me?

My PC Spec:
    P4 2.8 HT
    2GB RAM
    Windows XP Pro SP2

Sorry for my broken english, thanks in advance,

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:56 AM

All replies

• You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

You may find an appropriate newsgroup in your language. I suggest looking at the newsgroups for your version of Windows.

-steve

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 1:04 PM
  • I'm having these types of problems too since I installed OneCare, but apparently, every question in this area is answered the same, basically "you're in the wrong forum", so I'm starting to think this is useless.  If you ever get a clear answer, considering you are in the "off topic" area, which is where I'd expect this to be, I'd love to know about it.  I don't really comprehend how all the answers see to be "off topic" when this is the "off topic area".  Very confusing.

Friday, May 23, 2008 11:01 PM
  • trentroy;

Off-topic means that the discussion has nothing to do with the subject of this OneCare forum, but your question *IS* relevant to OneCare.  It's the original post that has nothing to do with that subject, so it was moved to Off-topic by the Moderators.  You should not have appended to such a posting since Off Topic is exactly that... Non-Relevant.  Read the contents of the topmost pinned thread in this forum "DO NOT POST HERE!" for more detail. 

Saturday, May 24, 2008 1:06 AM