none
How to detect cleaned up tracking information? RRS feed

• Question

• I use Sync Framework to synchronize data between PDA (SQL CE 3.5) and SQL Server 2008.
    I use 'SQL Server Change Tracking' and WCF Sync Service.
    I set up retention period for 5 minutes to make it easy to test a scenario when tracking information are deleted for our device.

The problem is that I don't get any exception either on server or client side when I sychronize after more than 5 minutes after previous synchronization. As a result I cannot detect the need of reinitialization!
    I was expecting to get at some stage an exception:
         SQL Server Change Tracking has cleaned up tracking information for table TableName'.
          To recover from this error, the client must reinitialize its local database and try again
    That the ouer (below) stored procedure throws:
       sp_sync_TableName_SelectIncrInserts
    But instead synchronization completes with no error (but nothing was synchronized)

Any ideas?

Friday, February 26, 2010 2:52 PM

Answers

• 1. If you wait for 31 minutes, your app should see the exception. Can you try this scenario please?
    2. What you mentioned that the synchronization is completed with no error, the description also includes "nothing was synchronized".  -- Did you make any changes on the SQL Server 2008 after the initial sync?  If the answer is NO then this is expected behavior.

Thanks.
    Leo Zhou ------ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, February 26, 2010 3:32 PM
    Answerer