none
Hangs on "Reading source images..." RRS feed

• Question

• Just installed ICE 1.4.4.0 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Tried opening 6 image files, then tried 2 image files (Nikon .nef raw format from a D300).  Each got the same result ... "Reading source images..." with 0% in the progress bar.  When I click the 'Cancel' button it just hangs, with the message "Canceling...".  The only way I have been able to get out of the program is to Terminate the process in Task Manager.  It seems to open my Sony RAW files OK, but most of my images are from my Nikon.

Any suggestions?

• Edited by AlexMurfey Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:30 PM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 11:29 PM

All replies

• Just installed ICE 1.4.4.0 on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Tried opening 6 image files, then tried 2 image files (Nikon .nef raw format from a D300).  Each got the same result ... "Reading source images..." with 0% in the progress bar.  When I click the 'Cancel' button it just hangs, with the message "Canceling...".  The only way I have been able to get out of the program is to Terminate the process in Task Manager.  It seems to open my Sony RAW files OK, but most of my images are from my Nikon.

Any suggestions?

+1
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 11:55 PM
  • Are you using a 2 TB or larger external USB disk?  Others have noticed that such external disks are causing ICE to stall (http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b2d58489-c221-4391-8e12-98023e0ab0e6/drag-and-drop-from-western-digital-external-causes-a-crash?forum=ice).

We are investigating this problem.  For now, please try copying your images to an internal disk or a smaller external drive.

Eric Stollnitz, Interactive Visual Media Group, Microsoft Research

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 5:21 PM