Firewall wont allow access to internet until i turn it off. then once connected if i turn on it allows me unlimited access RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am running version 2.5.2900.03 and cannot conect to the internet when i first start up the computer.

if i then disable the live one care firewall it allows me to connect and check emails etc.

then i can turn it on and it will work as per normail, ie allow me to connect, check mail and surf the web, but blocking any attempts.

what am i doing wrong?

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 8:31 AM

Answers

• I suggest that you contact support. You are not likely doing anything wrong at all, but it would appear that your PC is unable to communicate with your router to get its TCP/IP information from the DHCP server that assigns an IP address on the LAN and provides the Gateway and DNS server addresses when the firewall is on. When you disable the firewall, the PC can get this information, registering with the router, so further communication after turning the firewall back on will work fine.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 12:25 PM