Assinging Extentions to users RRS feed

• Question

• Is the possible via AD or is there a separate utility for doing so?

I am aware you can enter in a non softphone ext to dial, but how do I assign an ext to call a user using OCS?

Cheers
    Monday, April 16, 2007 11:31 AM

Answers

• You use AD for this.

Look under the Communications tab for the users and then Line URI

Monday, April 16, 2007 4:57 PM

All replies

• You use AD for this.

Look under the Communications tab for the users and then Line URI

Monday, April 16, 2007 4:57 PM
  • Hi

Ok yeh i see that, thanks. What I'm looking to do is assign an ext to a user, so that when a SIP phone attached to the PBX calls, it calls that user. But when I enter the ext of 101 (the AD user is set up on the pbx too) I get an error saying i need to enter a full 11 digit telephone number.
    So i clicked 'enable remote call' to enable the SIP URI line, and i entered 'sip:<username>@<pbxIPaddress>' but this gave a similar error.

I have no doubts I am making many school boy errors after another here. Can anyone point out where I have slipped up?

Is it something to do with the dial plan?

Cheers
    Wednesday, April 18, 2007 10:55 AM
  • Hi druid,

I just wanted to clarify your situation.

You have a user with the extension 101, you want to be able to dial 101 from a sip phone and connect to this user. 

Where do you get this error: need to enter a full 11 digit telephone number?

Can other users with similar extensions use soft phones (MOC 2007) to dial 101 and be connected to this user?

Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:32 PM
  • The error occurs when entering users number into 'line URI'. Its all a bit futile now as I have just found I am using a PBX that only supports SIP over UDP

However, is what I tried to achieve possible? Or is this functionality a dream?
    Friday, April 27, 2007 9:24 AM