6421B Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure RRS feed

• Question

• I'm sorry if I'm asking the question in the wrong area.

I'm doing this course in university and they gave the MOC for the same.

MS has become environment friendly and decided to discontinue the disc containing the soft copy of the MOC. The soft copy was very handy to install on a computer and read it on the go.

I have been asked to download the companion content as the only option for the soft copy. The companion content does not have the same content in the book.

It has become so difficult to roam around with a thick big and heavy book to read the lessons. Searching for information is also time consuming.

I have contacted the regional support which escalated my case to the learning section who asked me to contact MS directly.

Its very frustrating to get a resolution to the problem. If they wanted to be environment friendly they should discontinue the books and give soft copy. We can save cost in terms of the material.

I have tried hard to find students who are going through the same problem as I am. I don't why Microsoft is not able to get the problem and help.

If anyone can guide me I will really appreciate it a lot.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 8:32 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You can find much more including videos, virtual labs, blogs, community comments and other cool stuff on Server TechCenter - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/network/default.aspx

And remember, just following lab not give you practice experience. Just build a lab on home pc with several virtual machines and play around with network related settings, like routing, encryption, vlans, authentication, etc. It will give you better understanding how it works.

MCSE 2003: Messaging, Security
    MCITP: Server Administrator, Enterprise Administrator, Virtualization Administrator
    MCITP: Consumer Desktop Support, Enterprise Desktop Support, Enterprise Desktop Support Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator
    SMS/SCCM, ISA 2004/2006, CCNA Security

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 9:30 AM
  • I’m not sure I understand your post.  Are you asking for someone to give you an electronic copy of the book or are you just expressing your dissatisfaction with Microsoft for not providing an electronic copy of the MOC with your hardcopy? 

If you’re asking for a copy of the MOC in electronic format, you need to be aware that it’s against international copyright laws to ask for, or to accept, an electronic copy of a Microsoft course for which you are not entitled. 

If you are unhappy with having to use a hard copy of the course material, you should discuss this with your University as it is not Microsoft’s fault that your University has provided you with the MOC material in hard copy format.

It is unlikely that MS has become "environment friendly" and decided to discontinue the disc containing the soft copy of the MOC.  They have probably stopped supplying electronic copies to try and stop people pirating courses.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:50 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can find much more including videos, virtual labs, blogs, community comments and other cool stuff on Server TechCenter - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/network/default.aspx

And remember, just following lab not give you practice experience. Just build a lab on home pc with several virtual machines and play around with network related settings, like routing, encryption, vlans, authentication, etc. It will give you better understanding how it works.

MCSE 2003: Messaging, Security
    MCITP: Server Administrator, Enterprise Administrator, Virtualization Administrator
    MCITP: Consumer Desktop Support, Enterprise Desktop Support, Enterprise Desktop Support Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator
    SMS/SCCM, ISA 2004/2006, CCNA Security

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 9:30 AM
  • I’m not sure I understand your post.  Are you asking for someone to give you an electronic copy of the book or are you just expressing your dissatisfaction with Microsoft for not providing an electronic copy of the MOC with your hardcopy? 

If you’re asking for a copy of the MOC in electronic format, you need to be aware that it’s against international copyright laws to ask for, or to accept, an electronic copy of a Microsoft course for which you are not entitled. 

If you are unhappy with having to use a hard copy of the course material, you should discuss this with your University as it is not Microsoft’s fault that your University has provided you with the MOC material in hard copy format.

It is unlikely that MS has become "environment friendly" and decided to discontinue the disc containing the soft copy of the MOC.  They have probably stopped supplying electronic copies to try and stop people pirating courses.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, April 3, 2012 10:50 AM