CRM 3.0 Bulk account owner Edits RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any utilities or tools for making bulk account owner edits? Within the WebUI I am only able to change the owner on an account one at a time. I would like to make bulk owner changes when employees change regions or leave the company.
    Monday, June 9, 2008 6:08 PM

Answers

• This is available out of the box.  If you go to Accounts grid there is an icon with a picture of a blue person and a green arrow. That icon lets you assign all selected records. 
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:43 AM

All replies

• I'd recommend doing an advanced find to get all the Accounts owned by the departing user, do a select all and then click the Assign button in the toolbar (looks like a person with an arrow) to change the accounts to a different owner. That way you can reassign multiples at once. You have to use the Reassign button, just doing an edit on multiple records won't be allowed - the owner box is disabled, I think.
    Monday, June 9, 2008 7:32 PM
  • This is available out of the box.  If you go to Accounts grid there is an icon with a picture of a blue person and a green arrow. That icon lets you assign all selected records. 
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 12:43 AM