Debugging Multithreading in VS 2005 and VS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am quite new in debugging multithreading in VS 2005 and VS 2010 even I had some experiences in threading.

I had from someone that VS 2010 provide the features of multithreading facility if so how can do step by step.

I hope someone will advice me soon.

Thanks and best regards

KYAW KYAW OO
    • Moved by Paul Zhou Friday, April 8, 2011 11:03 AM off-topic (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 1:22 AM

All replies

• This MSDN article may help you,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee410778.aspx

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 6:39 AM
  • When you pause the execution of an application, you could view the "Threads" window. To enable this window check the "Debug -> Windows -> Threads" in the menu. In this window you can see the list of currently running threads, freeze particular thread etc. Good luck!
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 8:46 PM
  • check this out

http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/egibson/MSDN-Simulcast-Techniques-in-Advanced-NET-Debugging-with-John-Robbins-Part-1-of-3

also there is a new window just like call stack in 4.0 named threadpool helps u monitor the thread,, u can use call stack in combination with thread pool to performing debuging.

also using a delegate u can have a update the statuses of the threads to front end thread which can show it in some visual control like richtext box or so.....

Happy Coding

Friday, April 8, 2011 9:48 AM
  • Hi Mr Ko Ko,

I suggest you post thread to Visual Studio Debug Forum to get better response. There are experts in that forum.

And I’d like to move this thread to off-topic because the problem is not supported in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Paul Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, April 8, 2011 11:03 AM