none
Unexpected Error RRS feed

• Question

• This message sometimes just appears when clicking on anything here.

Like before, I wanted to propose someone's answer: "Unexpected Error"

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, mark it as "Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the mainquestion of the thread, mark it as "Answer" (if you opened the thread).

• Moved by Naomi NModerator Friday, October 5, 2012 6:15 PM Forum's issue (From:Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums)
    Friday, October 5, 2012 11:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello;

I get that occasionally as well.

However, I believe this should be in the Forums Issues (not product support) forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

• Edited by Just Karl Friday, October 5, 2012 5:41 PM
    Friday, October 5, 2012 5:39 PM
  • I get this error frequently. Usually it either works the second time or re-loading the thread works.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, October 5, 2012 6:18 PM
  • I got this often. I vote in some post as helpful, then i leave this thread. When i enter in that thread again the same post that i voted appears "Vote as Helpful" if i click on it again show me this error.

Web Developer

Friday, October 5, 2012 7:26 PM
  • I got this often. I vote in some post as helpful, then i leave this thread. When i enter in that thread again the same post that i voted appears "Vote as Helpful" if i click on it again show me this error.

Web Developer

Norkk, I think you nailed it. Sometimes the vote counter shows your vote, but it lets you vote again. Voting again is what pops up the error. So the issue is that sometimes it lets you vote again when you've already voted. When it happens, it seems to affect the entire thread (not individual posts). For example, if you voted for multiple posts in a thread, left and came back, the bug would show your votes but would let you vote again. When voting again, it throws the error.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:07 AM
    Owner
  • UPDATE: I submitted this as a bug request.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:09 AM
    Owner
  • UPDATE: Bug #81743 has been opened. No ETA.

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:53 AM
    Owner