Microsoft 7 OEM "Missing Files" problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello to those that have this problem

This is just a simple and yet more understandable tip to get your Windows 7 OEM up and running. Ive read many posts stating this similar problem yet never really got a clear understanding of what i should do. This topic is for those that have built a computer and is going to use the OEM software for themselves or for someone else.

The main problem i had was installing this software onto the computer itself. I would "copy files" and when it reached "expanding"  this error message comes up

"Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070001"

Heres what I did to install Windows 7 OEM

1. Remove RAM - i had 4GB of RAM in the first place and removed 2 out. I did take out one from a socket and it didn't work but when i changed the CD/DVD drive i then removed the other RAM. YOu can always put the RAM back when Windows has, fully, installed everything. 

2.  Change the CD/DVD Drive - I used a Blu ray Drive to install the software. Previously, i used a normal DVD Drive before and i kept getting the message.

3. Remove any USB plugged into your computer - I removed the mouse when it came to install Windows

4. No OPK needed! - The OPK is intended for organisations. You do not need to be partner of Microsoft unless you're part of an business which is intendning to continue; Building computers and using OEM software to distribute it to others in the business or to resell the computer.

If you follow these steps you should install Windows 7 without any hitch or if you find a better way to to install it please share :D 

Thursday, November 11, 2010 9:49 PM

All replies