Regarding windows 7 product key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have lost windows 7 product key ,its completely erased from my hp laptop

and windows was corrupted , i have format all the data but i have lost the key

can anyone help me where to find the product key.

Thanks 

Sunday, May 8, 2011 11:11 PM

Answers

• The label on your computer is on the bottom or in the battery compartment.  If the recovery partition is still intact you can restore the computer to factory condition.  You will not need the key.  Otherwise you need to contact HP to purchase recovery disks.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Monday, May 9, 2011 12:04 AM
    Answerer
  • The label on your computer is on the bottom or in the battery compartment. 
    The label that Cbarnhorst is referring to is a sticker that all computer (That came with Windows pre-installed) are required to have. the sticker will contain the product key for the Windows that originally came pre-installed on that PC.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:45 AM

All replies

• The label on your computer is on the bottom or in the battery compartment.  If the recovery partition is still intact you can restore the computer to factory condition.  You will not need the key.  Otherwise you need to contact HP to purchase recovery disks.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Monday, May 9, 2011 12:04 AM
    Answerer
  • The label on your computer is on the bottom or in the battery compartment. 
    The label that Cbarnhorst is referring to is a sticker that all computer (That came with Windows pre-installed) are required to have. the sticker will contain the product key for the Windows that originally came pre-installed on that PC.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:45 AM